- Build a tower that is one color on top, another in the middle, and a different one on bottom.
- Sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." Discuss which body parts are on top, middle, and bottom.
- Sing "On Top of Spaghetti." Make spaghetti for supper.
- Make a Three Layer Desert from pudding, whipped topping, and crushed Oreo cookies.
- Make 3 monsters. Cut them into head, torso, and legs. Trade sections to create new monsters.
First, next, and last
- Sing "Peanut Butter" song. Talk about what you do first, next, and last to make a peanut butter sandwich. Then make one!
- Do Five Little Pumpkins (or variation to fit the current holiday) finger play.
- Do the Cheerios counting book.
The Little Red Hen
- Read the book
- Use YouTube to show harvest, threshing, and grinding the wheat into flour. John Deere also makes videos on this process.
- Make bread or cookies. Discuss the value of working.
- Build a cottage for the little red hen out of blocks.
Three Little Pigs
- Collect straw, sticks, and bricks to show him what they look and feel like.
- Act out the story. Take turns being the wolf and pigs.
- Make pig tales from pink curling ribbon. Tuck them into your pants waistband. Chase each other and play tag by capturing the other person's tail.
- Make pigs in a blanket for supper.
One, Two, Buckle My Shoe
- Do the rhyme.
- Play hide and seek. Emphasize counting to ten.
- Practice buckling a belt or shoes.
- Put two stripes of making take down on the table top. Practice lining the pretzel sticks up between the lines.
- Glue pictures inside a file folder. Cut doors to lift and guess what the picture is while only reveling part of it.