Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Christie's Magic Muffins

My friend Christie passed this recipe to me.  I was surprised to discover the fudgy muffins she fed me had no flour!  The muffins mainly consist of pumpkin and peanut butter.  So here we go with the recipe.

2 eggs, beaten
2 cups peanut butter (I only used 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup raw honey (I used sugar)
1.5 cups pumpkin puree (that's a whole can)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I used mini M&M's)

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray the muffin pan or cupcake liners with nonstick baking spray.  In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips until the dough has an even consistency.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Fill the muffin wells about 3/4 full.  This recipe makes 12 muffins.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Test for doneness with a toothpick.   

Greg eats pumpkin without knowing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment